TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CLASSROOM-BASED COURSES
By booking a place on a Linda Scannell Ltd course, it is agreed that the following terms set out the total agreement made between the parties and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
- Confirmation of course place – To confirm a place, the Eventbrite booking form must be completed and payment made via Eventbrite.
- Methods of payment – Payment of the course fees must be made in advance and should be made at the time of placing a booking.
- Cancellation – Bookings cannot be cancelled.
- Delegate submission – It is possible to substitute an alternative delegate on any place booked at no additional cost. Please email email@example.com with details of the new delegate at least 24 hours before the course start time.
- Course transfer – A confirmed booking may be transferred to another Linda Scannell Ltd course, availability permitting, providing that the course takes place within 6 months of the course start date originally booked and the transfer is requested at least 5 working days prior to the course start date. Linda Scannell Photography is not obliged to ensure that suitable alternatives are available. Transfer requests must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A booking can only be transferred on one occasion. Subsequent transfers will be treated as cancellations.
- Non-attendance – If the delegate fails to attend the course and has not given prior notice to Linda Scannell Ltd then the course fee will remain payable and no transfer will be allowed.
- Course schedule – Linda Scannell Ltd reserves the right to alter the advertised schedule of courses, trainers or venues without prior notice. This may include cancellation of a course. Where Linda Scannell Ltd cancels a course, individuals with confirmed bookings on that course will be offered alternative dates. If none can be provided then a full refund will be given.
- Course content – Linda Scannell Ltd reserves the right to change the advertised content of the course without prior notice in order to continuously provide a high quality service or due to circumstances beyond Linda Scannell Ltd’s control.
- Force majeure or Act of God – The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control – for example, an Act of God, fire, war, act of terrorism.
- Limitation of Liability – The liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- Exclusion – Linda Scannell Ltd reserves the right to refuse access to the course where there is reason to believe that a delegate is in breach of these conditions or where a delegate uses threatening, bullying, harassing or disruptive behaviour. Linda Scannell Ltd will not be liable for any losses or expenses (including course fees and consequential damages) incurred by a delegate arising from such an exclusion.
- Complaints – Any complaints should first be raised by the client with Linda Scannell Ltd in writing either via email to email@example.com or post, within 14 days of the completion of the course.
- Governing law and jurisdiction – The parties irrevocably agree any dispute arising out of this contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim.